AIR RIDE SUSPENSION PROBLEM

1995 Lincoln Mark VIII

Suspension problem
1995 Lincoln Mark VIII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 264000 miles

I have a 95 Mark VIII, after you drive the car for 5 min. Or so the check air ride system light comes on and air ride eventually goes down from driving the car. If I turn the car off for a few minutes and restart or just turn the ignition on the air compressor comes on and airs the suspension back up and then the same thing happens again. It doesn't leak down over night. Has anyone come across this problem before and can point me in the right direction. I don't want to throw money and replace parts that don't need replacing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Haleraiser74

The system has stored a trouble code, and step one is to have a shop that can read the codes do so. This will eliminate replacing the wrong parts.

Merlin2021
Air ride is more expensive and does keep your ride level even with a few extra passengers, springs sag over time too, and don't level the ride as well.

Merlin2021
The easiest and probably the cheapest thing to do is the coil spring conversion, but if you want to keep the air suspension, your going to need to replace the front air struts. One important thing you said was. After the check suspension message came on, it went down. The way this system is designed, if the check suspension message comes on, no air should come in or out of the struts/springs. If the car goes down after the message comes on, YOU HAVE A LEAK.

Keep in mind that the easiest thing an air suspension system can do is to sit still. The hardest thing is to be driven with no help from the compressor.

BLUECOLLAR
Good to see you still out there Ed!

Merlin2021
Will do!

Merlin2021