EMERGENCY BRAKE SPRING ON REAR CALIP

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII

Brakes problem
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

Took the rear calipers off to replace the pads. Removed the strong springs holding the pads to the rotor. Springs seem to be part of ebrake system. I'm not sure how I will get them back on, special tool needed? Do I need to remove the calipers from the mount? I so far just removed the mounts like on the front.

Front were easy I might be over my head now with the rear. Any place to go to get full instructions or can you advise here?
Don Livingood

Caliper piston must be properly retracted.
Using Piston Remover (T87P-2588-A), rotate piston clockwise until piston is fully seated.
Ensure one of slots in piston face is positioned so it will engage nib on brake pad. .
Install brake pads, anti-rattle springs and brake caliper.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_1_11.jpg

BMRFIXIT
I took those very strong springs off the parking brake lever. They do not need to come off. I wanted to know how to get them back on. This answer sure did not help!

I figured it out. Took the springs to the vise and used a long rod with a small hole to just fit over the spring end. Put one end in the vise and wound it tight with the bar then wired the ends together.

Took the springs to the caliper set them in place and cut the wire. Worked fine, I doubt there is any other way to do it.

DON" T TAKE THEM OFF!

Don Livingood
Thanks for the update
and sharing your fix

BMRFIXIT