PASSENGER SIDE LOCK NOT WORKING, TRIP

1991 Lincoln Mark VII

Interior problem
1991 Lincoln Mark VII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68,000 miles

Hi,
I have a '91 Mark VII LSC. Recently my passenger side lock decided not to work. The passenger lock button will lock/unlock the drivers side, but makes no noise on the passenger side. The driver's side lock button also will not lock/unlock the passenger side. So to lock that door, I have to manually press the rod down (which isn't easy) or go around the outside and use the key. I don't know if the actuator isn't working, or its an electrical problem, but no one seems to know what's wrong or how to fix it.

Also, My tripminder used to make random high pitched squealing noises while I was driving, and the display would go off and on. There was no way I could make the squealing stop, so I ended up pulling the fuse. Do I need a new tripminder, or is it something inside that can be fixed?

If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
Excalibur2