ALTERNATOR SEEMS TO BE OVERCHARGING

1991 Lincoln Mark VII

1991 Lincoln Mark VII V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 85,000 miles

My 1991 Lincoln Mark VII has us baffled. First I had my transmission rebuilt @ dealership. There was absolutely nothing wrong when I took it in except the tranmission was not shifting correctly. Since I got it back from the shop the digital clock, display flashes and reads " CCT 7" , then the car started to have trouble starting, (dead battery). I put a brand new battery in it. Problems still there. Replaced the serpentine belt. No longer have the starting problem. The flashing digital clock still reads" CCT 7" and flashes the time in the background. Then the AMP light came on. Replaced the alternator. Great at first the the light came on again. Replaced the voltage regulator. Now the AMP light comes on and off, the digital clock erratically displays " CCT 7" with clock in the background, dome/courtesy lights get extremely bright, then dim if AMP light comes on. Can you offer any suggestions?
Dawnmoore