CHECK TRANSMISION

2002 Lincoln LS

2002 Lincoln LS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 155800 miles

Problem #1:

Transmission problem of delay in gear shift. Delay in release of gears from auto 1st to 2nd gear, which is also being indicated as Check Trasmission in the monitoring system display.

Problem #2

Previously I observed that there was a leakage of hydraulic fluid from the power supply and return pipe for Steering and Radiator fan, which I have replaced with new pipes by the mechanic, as a result there is no leakage but I experience some sound in the power fluid pump, when I asked to the mechanic, he said the sound is produced as result of power pump been run on low oil and there is no harm in running the vehicle except some sound, which we have to live with it or repair the power fluid circulating pump.

Kindly advice remedial solution for this issue, iam in KSA.
Lincolnksa