COOLANT LEAK

2000 Lincoln LS

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Lincoln LS V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS that has started to overheat. I'm seeing coolant leaking on both sides of the engine at the valve covers. Im guessing it is coolant, but it looks like a mixture of oil and water. Does this mean it needs a new water pump, head gasket? The thing that baffles me is that it is leaking from the same place on both sides of the engine.
Wb026473

Hello –

To better assist you please tell me your engine size in liter.

Is it blowing white smoke too and running rough?

If you are losing coolant like that then yes I am sad to say, it appears as though you have a blown head gasket…both sides.

Pull a spark plug and see if there is water in the cylinder.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
3.9L V8, the car tries to stall when you give it gas. If you hold the accelerator around 2500 RPMs it will start pulsing and yes some white smoke.

Wb026473
Hello –

Thanks for the information. I am afraid based off of what you are saying you have a blown head gasket. White smoke out the tail pipe is another sign.

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS