AIR PUMP KEEPS RUNNING

1997 Lincoln Continental

1997 Lincoln Continental V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 214359 miles

how can I stop air pump from running after car is shut off, kills my battery
Garycox100

Right above the cooling fan, remove and test the relay if bad replace it, if OK further testing of the air suspension system is needed.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Relay_Testing_1.jpg

Merlin2021
I agree with Merlin. How long is the pump running. If its longer than 90 seconds. Its toast!

Keep in mind that usually the reason the relay goes bad is from a compressor thats drawing too many amps. In other words, while replacing the relay may seem to get the car working normally again. The replacement relay will probably die shortly. Some places won't warranty the relay unless a compressor is purchased at the same time.

You can get this relay just about any dealership, as they use this same relay for several different things(ABS, ETC.) On several different vehicles. Price range at the dealer from $150-$200.

BLUECOLLAR
Tell em merlin sent you and Ed Spinx will discount your parts mention 2carpros merlin.

Merlin2021