LIGHTS

2005 Ford Focus • 200,141 miles

On my car the left front and the left rear running lights are out. I found that the fuse blows instantly when the head light are turn on. I have the correct bulbs in it. From what I can tell all the grounds are good but can't tell
Skull1558

Grounds aren't the problem. A bad ground will stop current flow. You have too much current flow, hence the blowing fuse.

A simple trick to finding a short is to replace the blown fuse with a pair of spade terminals, then use small jumper wires to connect them to a 12 volt light bulb. A brake light bulb works well. When the circuit is live and the short is present, the bulb will be full brightness and hot so be sure it's not laying on the carpet or against a plastic door panel. Now you can unplug electrical connectors and move things around to see what makes the short go away. When it does, the bulb will get dim or go out.