LICENSE PLATE LIGHT HARNESS CONNECTOR "MISSING"

1998 Ford Explorer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 130,000 miles

Noticed driver's side license plate lamp not illuminated. Removed lens assembly and there is NO wire harness connected to the lens assembly. Right side is fine.
I looked into the non working opening with flashlight, and no harness-connector is visible. Also "fished" with a hooked wire in an effort to snag the harness. But no success.

And no, I have NOT consumed adult beverages prior to the investigation. It just doesn't make sense.
I hope I don't have to remove the entire rear plastic tailgate trim to find it.
Suggestions? HELP! Thanks.
John Ho10

Looks to be on lh side of liftgate you might be able to get it if you take off back of liftgate inside truck. It's not to hard although we have no pics of that.

Forgot pic I was going to send of where it is.

With the headlights on, I looked into the cavity last night hoping to find light from the elusive bulb. But couldn't see it. Today, outside, I looked again and found it. Hooked it with a coat hanger and we're good to go. Was almost going to remove the inside trim of door. Glad I didn't have to do that.

Thanks so much for your quick response to the question and the wire diagram especially early on Sunday.

John

2Carpros Max