REMOTE KEY FOB

2001 Lexus RX 300

Computer problem
2001 Lexus RX 300 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

Hello there, I've just bought a used car form a private guy and at the time of the sale the remote key was unlocking the doors; anyhow I was only given one master key, ( stupid me, should known of the other keys) which now operate all doors and lower raise windows when inserted in hte driver key lock. The remote lock, unlock function is no longer working on hte key fob; I've changed the battery but no luck; on one occasion managed to lock, but 2 seconds later unlocked automatically. Lexus tells me I need to replace the door lock, the key and possibly the electroninc ECU, which will ammount to 3000 USD probably. I have tried the re programming procedure from the web, by locking/unlocking the doors, opening closing etc. But still not managed to get in programming mode, perhaps I am doing it wrong.
My question is:
With only one master key, which start and open/close the door when inserted in the lock, is actually possibly to reprogramm again, perhaps erase all previous codes and have this only one working 100%. Later on I wil lneed to get another key to as spare with transponder aas well; please advise, I am not sure what to do anymore
Regards
Emilio
Egen