WILL NOT GO INTO GEAR

Lexus Other

1998 es300 Lexus with 260,000 miles on it. This just started happening to me within the last three days. I was driving my car and I noticed the gear slipped just slightly. The following two days I drove it 400 miles plus, with no problems, except, the second day in the afternoon. Coming from a complete stop I would try to excelerate, the speedamotor would only go to 35mph and the rpms would rise from 2000 to 5000rpms within seconds. It seemed that when I would go up a hill, it would kick itself out of " [i: c63791aad0]Lazy Mode[/i: c63791aad0]" and get up and over the hill. Moments later I would try to excelerate and the speedamotor would decrease, to 5-10mph less than what was first read. The gears would go in and out of coasting.
What could be the problem?
Flabundant

Sounds liike the trans. Check the fluid level according to your manual, otherwise you might have to take it to a reputable trans shop

Jack42