PURCHASING TIPS - LS400

1994 Lexus Other

I am interested in purchasing a 1994 Lexus LS400, V8 WITH 201,000 miles. What should I look for as far as test driving the car? Should I have a dioagnostic test performed to determine any problems?
Ladydriver

Hi there,

A diagnosis code check, will only show any current codes set, this may not tell you much, ask for a history code check, (i think it will support that ) this will give all codes activated how many times and how may starts since last set, this will give a better history of problems. A compression test is also a good indication of engine condition, If all the compressions are with in about 10% of each other, that's OK. Next is a good check around the body and if you can underneath, looking for signs of accident damage, How it drives on the road, steer ability, vibration, noise levels, if you drive a few cars of the same model and age you will soon get a feel for whats right. Take your time and take lots of notes, ask questions, it's your money they want, be in charge, this is a good way to make the seller a bit more honest. Good luck,

Mhpautos