SUV DIGITAL CLOCK ON DASH LOSES THE CLOCK TIME

Lexus Other

Hi,
I have a year 2000 Lexus RX 300 model car with about 90,000 miles. The time clock on the dashboard loses the time many times after I shut the car off. Typically this happens overnight. While driving the clock is fine. But after an evening in my garage the next morning when I turn the car on for the first time the clock has reverted back to 1 AM, even though it might be 7: 30 in the morning. The other thing I have noticed is it does not happen in the warmer months. I live in Connecticut and now that the weather has turned colder I am having an issue with the clock keeping the time properly whereas I did not experience this all summer and fall.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Nytstyk

Hey there, very simple fix here. The situation you are describing as far as the clock resetting itself after sitting overnight is due to a weak battery. Trust me on this one new battery, make sure it's the correct cca (cold cranking amps) should be 575 to 650 for factory spec on this car would shoot for 650 or better myself. The dealer uses interstate brand as a factory replacement " hint hint" if you want to keep with something simial to factory. Anyway. New battery, problem solved.

Elienai