- STRUT MOUNT

Lexus Other

I have a 1994 Lexus GS300 with just shy of 120,000 miles. Most of the miles have gone on in the past four years and it is highway commuting.

I started hearing a popping sound from the front driver's side that has become a rattle. I was told it might be the strut mount. My question is could this be related to another recent problem.

My brakes were replaced and several weeks later the caliper slipped or fell out. When I tried to stop the breaking was extremely soft until that same front driver's side wheel locked up which caused violent shaking and a squealing halt. The car was towed back to the shop and everything was repaired and " tightened up". Soon after, I started occasionally hearing that popping sound from that wheel area.

The popping has gotten worse and has become a rattle. The shop I go to tells me it is likely the strut mount but they will not know until they can look at it. Could this be related to the braking problem? If so, how likely is it that it is related? Could it simply be age?
Dbl