LEXUS IS 300 DEALER PROBLEM

2002 Lexus IS 300

2002 Lexus IS 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 148000 miles

I acquired the car a few months ago and one of the things I was told up front was that the keyless entry does not work.

The original master key had been slightly crushed and as covered in duct tape, so I had a new one made at the dealership.

Unfortunately the keyless entry still does not work and the dealership swore they had followed the proper programming procedure and wants $100 to further diagnose.

Do you have any suggestions I can try before I go that route?

Thanks!
Beetz12

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation.

The re programing of the key less entry is a fairly straight forward procedure that they would have done hundreds of times, I feel that the problem will not be a faulty programing, when it did not work I am surprised that they did not at least run the diagnostic check with there scanner as this is the first thing t hat they should do, may be it this they want the $100 for? If so, thats a poor effort on their part, I feel that you have no choice but to go down that path and I hope that this finds the problem for you.

Mhpautos
Thanks for the reply Mark. I have good news - I resolved my problem over the weekend without any expensive diagnosis.

I don't know how this happened, but after a DIY valve cover replacement, the original key remote suddenly started working. I even managed to program the other master key from the dealership, by following the programming procedure.

Both unlock and lock work great, but the remote trunk release still doesn't work. Do you have any suggestions or ideas on where the problem lies or where I should look?

Beetz12
Hi there,

that is good news, as for the boot release, I would start with checking the solenoid and linkage at the boot look, start here.

Mhpautos