REPLACEMENT PADS

2004 Lexus GX 470

Brakes problem
2004 Lexus GX 470 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

I had aftermarket front brake pads put on the car and the pedal goes down closer to the floor when the brakes are applied and the car doesnt seem to stop as well and needs more distance. The pedal also seems spongey. Rotors were turned supposeddly within spec. I saw him measure them before he turned them. I had the car at Lexus for a totally non related issue and they say, one must use Lexus brake pads because they are thicker, better, somehow different. The shop that insatalled them said they are identical and that they are both made by Bendix anyway and there is no difference. He will switch the pads to Lexus pads for the parts only and not charge me labor if I want him to. Do you think there is a difference in the pads, and is it worth using Lexus Dealer pads?
Jrothstein

Hi there,

I have found that some pads do give better feel and performance, it won't hurt to change them for the genuine pads.

Mhpautos