WHEEL ALIGNMENT

2007 Lexus ES 350

Tires and Wheels problem
2007 Lexus ES 350 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 6500 miles

Wanted to get wheel alignment. Nearest Lexus dealer is about 180 miles from my home (7-8 hour round trip). Went to local Subaru dealer (where I get my Subaru serviced) to see if they could align this vehicle. They checked on their alignment computer and it indicated that some special tool was required to perform proper wheel alignment (I believe that it had something to do with resetting a wheel angle sensor. But I could be wrong). They suggested that I take it to the local Toyota dealer (only 45 miles away). I stopped into that Toyota dealer to see if they could explain the special tool requirement. They had no idea what I was talking about. Although one guy said he seemed to remember something, but wasn't sure. My questions: Does anyone have any idea about what this special tool is? Do I really need to go to a Lexus dealer to get an alignment, or should I just take it to Toyota and trust that they know what they're doing?
Wchurchill1945