BALD TIRES - ALREADY!!!

2007 Lexus ES 350

Tires and Wheels problem
2007 Lexus ES 350 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 26235 miles

Hi,

Thanks for your help! As stated above - I have 26K on my car and the dealer is telling my my tires are bald and I need new ones. Could that be right?

Also I need new front breaks. I did get the car in July 06 - but still that seems incredible to me.

please - advise!
Getready01

Hi there, As part of the dealer pre delivery they should be checking the wheel alignment ( this was the case when I was a service manager for Toyota) this may not have been done and there was a problem from the factory, as for the brakes, this is a bit of a mystery as they should have plenty of life left, I would be having a talk with the dealer who delivered the vehicle and voicing your concern, if no action take it to the top, nothing get them moving at head office like a unhappy customer.

Mhpautos
Hi There!
I too have an '07 ES350 with bald tires and my brakes went out last month (with only 33,000 miles)I HAVE GOOD NEWS 4 YOU regarding your BRAKES! There has been a TSIB BR002-07 for '07-'08 ES350 " Rear brake squeak and/or PREMATURE PAD WEAR" I alerted my Lexus dealer, as they were calling to advise me of my estimate of $900 for " AGGRESSIVE DRIVING" (yeah right! I am not an aggressive driver.) Of the TSIB (technical Service Information Bulletin) sent out to ALL the dealers. As a result I now have both front and rear BRAND NEW BRAKES under an EXTENDED WARRANTY which is mandated within the TSIB! - It adds 6 months extended warranty or 60,000 miles whichever comes first- I hope you receive this response soon, and are able to get your money back, if you have already had the repair done and paid them! They obviously forget about 1 MAJOR difference nowadays, and that is that We have the internet as a method of communication and getting more information on specific problems. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ! If I can give you any more info on this TSIB BR002-07 feel free to email me!

Btru2yrself
Hi, thanks for the very useful information.

I'm wondering if you had to " convince" the dealer to do this or if they did it on their own. I have 30K on my 2007 ES and the dealer told us " premature wear is considered 15K or less" - a joke IMO. After some discussions and threats to take it higher, it seems he is going to cover it but says the dealership is taking care of it because Lexus will not cover as part of warranty for our mileage - yet yours was even higher mileage.

Also, did they offer to do all 4 brakes and the extra warranty? The TSIB seems very specific to rear brakes and doesn't mention the extra warranty - and my dealer isn't covering either.

Thanks again!

No dogma
I read the two messages after I was told by my dealer that my 2007 ES350 would need a new set of tire at just below 30,000. At the time I asked what happens and was told the car got a set of " performance tire" and it would only last for 20,000 miles! So I have got a bonus 10,000 miles on my tire already, wow. Fortunately nothing was mentioned of my brake (thanks god). Any thought here? Thanks in advance.

Keweixie