LEFT REAR TURN SIGNAL NOT WORKING AND FRONT LEFT TURN SIGNAL COMES ON WHEN I HIT THE BRAKES.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 103,000 miles

On my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, my left rear turn signal does not come on when I'm driving, but when I'm parked it works just fine. I replaced the bulb just in case, but the problem still exists. I also noticed that my front left turn signal comes on when I hit the brakes, which makes absolutely no sense to me. In addition, the left rear turn signal bulb works just fine when I turn on the hazards and when I hit the remote door lock key. I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. Any ideas?
Stacyscottjr

You have an electrical short or an open circuit at some point. Are you able to trace wiring and use a multi meter?

I don't even know what a multi meter is. Although I'm mechanically inclined, I haven't spent much time working on cars. Can you explain what a multi meter is and how to use it?

Stacyscottjr
It is basically a device used to check for voltage, continunity. It is simple to use, but tracing wires through the vehicle can be a pain.