RANGE TRANSMISSION ISSUES?

2006 Rover Range Rover

2006 Range Rover V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 60,000 miles

Took the 2006 Range Rover-Supercharged into the dealership on Monday because of an A/C issue. Picked it up Wednesday and less than 1 mile down the road, the car when crazy, would not shift, revving at 4,000 rpm’s and not shifting into gears, etc. Turned around and took it back to the dealership. I have had weird issues before when I take it in for service because they will update the computer system in the vehicle and download the latest software patches. Before one of the patches didn’t take and the vehicle did weird stuff and they then looked and saw that it skipped during an update and got screwed up (why they don’t check it before they give it back to you – who knows?). I thought it was the same type of issues – however they called me yesterday and told me that the transmission is bad and it needs to be replaced - $7,000 (said it just went out of warranty).

Seriously? The transmission was fine when it went in on Monday. I drive it off the lot and less than 1 mile from the dealership it has " major" transmission problems and they want $7,000. This whole thing sounds very fishy.
Jbradber

Did they install anymore updates? I does seem very strange that should occur directly after repairs by dealer.

Dave H