RANGE AIR RELEASE

1997 Rover Range Rover

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Range Rover V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

How do you go about releasing air from the cooling system? The radiator, water pump, and engine were replaced a year ago. The car started to run hot yesterday and when I pulled over I removed the upper radiator hose and air flew out along with a little coolant. After letting it rest while off I poured coolant into the car (while running) and then it ran just fine like nothing ever happened. I replaced the thermostat that day, so I am having to see if that was the problem, but in case it wasnt how do you bleed air from the system?
Tramayne

Fully drain cooling system ... add 2 litres/quarts of coolant ... start engine .. continue adding coolant to correct level ... once full turn ON interior heater and blower on full ... recheck coolant level ... once at normal operating temperature check the heater/blower is blowing hot ... and recheck coolant ..

hope this helps

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_639.png

Dave H