ENGINE PROBLEMS

Land Rover Freelander

If indeed it does fail again. Demand a repalcement engine !
Dave H

Can anyone give me advice? I bought a one year old Freelander 1.8 about 5 years ago for £10,000 from Town and County. Mileage is now approx 52,000 miles and it was first registered 30/06/1999.

Last October my engine failed and according to garage could not be fixed. My husband and I decided it would be a good idea to buy a new engine for it as bodywork etc was still in excellent repair. We purchased one in October last year and this is when the problems really started.

Initial problem from start was leakage of oil. Back it went to T & C. Out it came again and back came the oil leak and this time I noticed foamy white stuff on top of the oil cap. Back to T & C. Out it came again and this time I noticed when I had driven anywhere and stopped, the engine did not want to fire up again so I had to " give it a little rest first", ok I could put up with this. Then I suddenly notice my cooling system gauge was in the red! So I carefully made it home and in it went to T & C The gasket Head has been returned to Land Rover at least four times and I am very very fed up with the whole business. I have asked for a replacement engine on more than one occassion, but have been assured Landrover maintain this is not a faulure of an engine. I really thought they may have fixed it the last time (about three months ago) but last week I noticed every time a approached a hill I lost power, I also noticed I was using oil like there was no tomorrow so back we went again, where the car failed in the courtyard so I had to leave it there.

I have to pick the car up tomorrow with town and county being happy with the repair. Again. What on earth do I do now? My question is if this engine is not a failure what the heck is it? And what are my rights?

Would appreciate any help.
Janet

Savanagh

Dave H