SHIFT STUCK IN PARK

2002 Kia Sportage

2002 Kia Sportage 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

My shifter is stuck in the " park" position and the only way I can get it in drive is to over ride it. It first started happening after I replaced my battery. I checked my fuses, and all of them were good except the " main" one and I replaced that, but it did not fix the problem. My radio has also stopped working since replacing the battery, but all other electrical things work. What could cause my shifter to be stuck in park?
DanielleK

Is your brake lights working? Have the shift interlock control system check could be the shiftlock control solenoid

Did u ever figure out whats was wrong with your kia because my mom has the same problem stuck in park radios out windows out ac out.

Tex1124
No, I haven't I should be taking it to the shop sometime soon, though. If all of those things are out you may want to check fuses, if you haven't already. It could be a main fuse or something. My dad and I have looked at everything we can, we think it has something to do with wiring somewhere, and we don't have a wiring map of the car or the right tools, so we are going to have to take it somewhere. If I find out I will reply. Until then, we shall override our shifters, lol.

DanielleK