DOORS

2001 Kia Sportage

Noises problem
2001 Kia Sportage 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 13000 miles

When it is locked, to unlock it you have to go a certain way or an alarm will go off. Some one unlocked it the wrong way and when I onlock it I have to put the key in the engine and the alarm goes off. How can I stop this.
Klsjhs7

FRONT DOOR LOCK CYLINDER CONTACT SWITCH
Remove front door lock cylinder contact switch. Using DVOM, check for voltage at lock cylinder contact switch connector White/Red and Red/Green wires. If voltage is not 4.0 volts, go to next step. If voltage is 4.0 volts, go to step 3.
Repair short or open in Red/Green and White/Red wires between contact switch harness connector and Electronic Time & Alarm Control Module (ETACM) connector " A" terminals A13 and A14.
Rotate complete square portion of front door lock cylinder contact switch counterclockwise. Using DVOM, check continuity between White/Red and Black wires. Also check continuity between Red/Green and Black wires. If continuity exists between White/Red and Black wires, and does not exist between Red/Green and Black wires, go to next step. If continuity is not as specified, replace front door lock cylinder contact switch.
Rotate complete square portion of front door lock cylinder contact switch clockwise. Using DVOM, check continuity between White/Red and Black wires. Check continuity between Red/Green wire and Black wire. If continuity does not exist between White/Red and Black wires, and exists between Red/Green and Black wires, front door lock cylinder contact switch is okay. If continuity is not as specified, replace lock cylinder contact switch.

Dave H