ROUGH START, CEL WITH P0302 CODE

2003 Kia Spectra

2003 Kia Spectra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 103000 miles

2003 Kia Spectra has a rough start about 50% of the time. Throws a CEL with P0302. Sometimes drives a little rough too.

Replaced all plugs. Replaced coil for Cyl #2. Dealer said fuel pressure was below spec. Replaced fuel pump and fuel filter. Still throwing P0302.

What should I try next? Fuel injector?
Is there some testing I can do to narrow the problem instead of buying expensive parts?

Thanks!
Kingrock

Hi
Seems like logical step injector. Try some fuel system cleaner Techron works great. Get at any parts store in black bottle made by Chevron. If runnig improves then you" ll know inj. Is at fault.
Hope this helps
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
Just because I hate reading internet forums and never finding out the result --

The problem turned out to be a blown head gasket. Did a compression test and cyl #2 was low. Looked harder and saw coolant in the cyl. Went through the ardous task of replacing the head gasket, machining the head, valve job, new timing belt, and waterpump. Car drives great now. No CEL. No overheating, no problems!

Kingrock
Thanks for posting back is good to know how it turns out.

Docfixit