CAUSE OF ROTOR WARPING?

2005 Kia Sorento

Tires and Wheels problem
2005 Kia Sorento 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 47000 miles

Was wondering what your opinion of the causes of the rotor's becoming warped. The brake pad's are fine. Was told that the rotor's needed to be turned as the car now 'stutter's' when brakes are applied. I have had several opinion's about the cause of this and was wondering what your's might be. Thanks
Nottie1958

I also have a 2005 kia sorento ex but I bought mine brand new in 2004 off the show room floor I had it like 3 months and the same thing happened to me but they told me that I just needed the rotors ground down so I had that down about 9 months later it start to shimmy in the front end going down hill again the whole steering wheel would shake and it was still under warrenty so they put new brakes on it and it was fine for maybe a year and when I took it for inspection I mentioned it to them again and they told my husband it was from me riding the brakes and they wouldnt cover it I think that there is something defective with the rotors and the brakes from kia but they wouldnt stand behind them and no matter what my husband an I did we had to pay for them it wasnt like we even had 30000 miles on the vehichle I would never buy another kia if my life depended on it now I have nothing but problems with it and the dealer is a as h le if you know what I mean that gas gauge broke on it at like 45000 if I fill the take the gauge will work until I put 60 miles on it and then the light comes on and says im on empty so I have to use my trip to see how far I can go on a tank of gas then the pipe before the catayletic converter went where the mesh pipe is and to replace that piece of mesh you have to buy the whole pipe you cant just buy the mesh piece and that is going to cost me 6? Some dollars to have that fixed now because with out that I have hardly any power and it is really loud and then I bought tires off my dealer like 4 years ago and when I bought them they where cooper cts tires and I ask them was there a warrenty on the tires and the gentlement said no they dont give warrenty on tires so I went to get it inspected and they wouldnt pass the tires because they where not bad as far as tread on them but they were dry rotteded so I went on line and wrote to cooper about the tires and I ask them about a warrenty and they said that those tires have a 6yr 60000 mile warrenty so my husband to the man at the dealer and they said oh yeah they do so they sold us the same tire proraited at 87.00 mounted/balance and put on and they where going to charge us like a 147.00 each just for the tire so they where going to rip us off if we didnt do research and investigate on our on so just be careful but we decided if we have to put any more money into the vehicle it is gone we did find the pipe we need on line for 190.00 that they want to charge us 6? To replace now all we have to do is find someone to put it on. Kia sucks dont buy a kia I am going back to a nissan

Neddiepanko
This question is 4 years old. Please start a new question of your own so the original poster isn't bombarded with notifications.

Wrenchtech