ACCELERATION

2003 Kia Sorento

2003 Kia Sorento 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

RECENTLY KIA REPLACED THE SHORT BLOCK DUE TO THE CRANK BOLT BREAKING. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME IT HAS HAPPENED. SINCE GETTIN IT BACK I'VE HAD TO BRING IT BACK TO KIA TWO TIMES DUE TO OCCASIONALLY NOT BEING ABLE TO ACCELERATE PAST 35MPH. THEY REPLACED THE TRANS SPEED SENSOR FIRST. THIS DID NOT WORK. THEN THE FUEL PUMP. I GOT TO DRIVE IT A WEEK AND TODAY THE SAME PROBLEM HAPPENED AGAIN. ALL THE SUDDEN I CAN'T GET THE CAR TO GO FASTER THAN 35. THIS IS INTERMITENT. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME HOWEVER IT GOT PROGRESSIVELY BEFORE I COULD GET IT TO THE SHOP LAST TIME. I'D JUST LIKE TO KNOW YOUR OPINION. I'M AFRAID THEY WILL ONLY BILL ME AGAIN FOR NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM LIKE THEY DID THE LAST TWO TIMES. THANKS
N_been

Usually a loss of power as described is caused by a bad or plugged catylatic converter. At night time, check it to see if it is glowing red hot when this happens. Also, sometimes the insides will come loose and actually rattle. I don't know if you ever heard that.

Let me know what you find.