ENGINE WON'T START - NO SPARK

2001 Kia Sephia

2001 Kia Sephia 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 110, 00 miles

My vehicle was cruising along the highway when it suddenly just quit. No noises or issues up to that point. We tow it home and I check the codes. It has a P0343 which my tester says is the Crankshaft Position Sensor but my Chilton book says is the Camshaft Position Sensor.

Upon further inspection I find out my timing belt is toast. Several teeth missing. I replace the belt but it still won't start. I double and triple check my static timing and it is correct. Fuel pressure is good. Compression is good in all cylinders but #3, which has about 60 psi.

I check the trouble codes again and there are none. So I replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor anyway today and it still doesn't start.

My next idea was to replace the camshaft position sensor but before I throw too much more money at this thought I would check here.

Thanks.
Raindem

If that is what the book is indicating as the problem, I would start with that. Check to make sure there is power to the coil also.