2003 Kia Rio

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Kia Rio 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

My cooling fan began to slow and make a squealing noise, so I replace the fan motor. Now it will not kick on and the engine overheats. I checked the plug coming from the car and there is no power there even when the car heats up. I can get the fan motor to work by direct wiring it to the battery, so that is not the issue. This was probaly an issue before I put in the new fan motor, but I didn't notice the loss of power because the old fan was not spinning fast enough to keep the engine cool on hotter days with the A/C on anyway.

Is there a relay that needs to be replaced? If so, where is it located and what does it look like? Are there other issues I should look at? I switched the fuses around and it was not the problem.