NOISE FROM COMPRESSOR

2005 Kia Optima

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Kia Optima 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

My car was flooded, they have replaced the computer system, airbags, did engine clean out, panel work etc, brakes even, (it was salt water) the level of water into the floor of my car. However, they did nothing to car for one week. Almost everything inside has been replaced. Now the air conditioner condensor is making a terrible noise and will not work and the insurance company say it is not damaged by the flood? I say it was. Who is right or wrong.
Luvprn

Hi luvprn,

Thank you for the donation.

If it is the AC compressor that you are referring to, I would say you are correct. The AC compressor clutch bearings would go bad if salt water gets to it and since the vehicle was submerged till the floor board, the compressor would be damaged though it might take a little time before the problem kicks in. There is a possibility the bearing is seixed causing the compressor to fail.

Latent problems would be aplenty with the brake system, handbrake cables and others setting to go bad in the near future.