REPROGRAMMING KEYLESS REMOTE

2004 Kia Optima

2004 Kia Optima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

How would I reprogramm the keyless remote for my 2004 Kia Optima (other than take to dealer)?

If resetting the programming/override button located under the dash is the way, where is this button located exactly. What does it look like? I have internet instructions, but cannot locate this button.

Thank you very much. Dwain Word
Dwain

See if this helps:

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_reprogram_key_remote_fob.htm

Let me know.

2004 Australian Delivered Vehicle: Make sure Door is open, Make sure you know the pin number for the Radio. Have Key and FOB.
Disconnect negative battery terminal for at least 10 seconds.
Reconnect battery, insert key and turn on and off 20 times in quick succession with stroke 20 with the ignition off.
The indicators will flash 20 times on the 20th time press the button on the fob and any other fob to be programmed a maximum of 3 ( this process will render any fob not present useless)

once all fobs are pressed turn the ignition to the on position, this will close programming mode. Test the fobs they should all work.

Australian delivered cars come with 3 keys: 1: Programming key (purple)
2: Drivers Key: (Black)
3: Mechanics Key (black)

I used this method successfully with the purple key I don't know if it will work with the ordinary keys.

Davwhe