OVERHEATING

2004 Kia Optima

Engine Cooling problem
2004 Kia Optima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 91000 miles

My car has been overheating recently. We took out the thermostat and it stop, then we put a new one in and it started overheating again. What else should we do?
Countrysteph

Could be air in the system this time try bleeding it

We have drove on the interstate to and from a city south of us and had no problems then come over take my husband to work and it starts overheating on the way to get him from work. I could go 5 feet after letting it cool off before it started overheating again. We have changed the sensor and the thermostat, and the fans won't kick on without the ac being on. Even with the ac on it still overheats. We feel like the sensor is deffective and doesn't work. The top hose gets really hot, but the bottom hose stays cold. So we think that it could be clogged to. Not sure. We only have this one vechile and need it.

Countrysteph
You need to check if the radiator is clogged-up and the water pump is doing its job, also check the radiator cooling fan relay and coolant temperature sensor

I put antifreeze in it and it still registars hot. My dad is supposed to check the thermostat and replace it. But I have no idea where it is. Also it makes the funky creaking sound like an old bridge when I'm on a slope and when I start to accelerate. (Manual trans) And sometimes a shuttering sound. I'm debating if to get rid of it If I'm going to have to go through sensors. Thermostats, hoses, and the worst water pump and radiator! If the thermostat doesnt work and there are more problems, would it be better to just trade it in. I've had it for almost 4 years and it has 57k on it.

Spacekasezoom