NO BRAKES

2001 Kia Optima

Brakes problem
2001 Kia Optima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

I replaced the calipur on the rear passenger side of the vehicle. While I was bleeding the first one(the one that I replaced) my friend pumped the brakes while the bleeder was open. I didnt think anything of it at the time but after I took it for a test ride I had no brakes. The pedal went right to the floor. The car did stop but it took quite a distance. So I went around and bled all the brakes and only really got air out of the other back brake. It did not help. Im pretty the resivor went epmty after the brakes got pumped with the bleeder open. Can you tell me what happened and or what I need to do now to get my brakes back?
Thank You for You're Help,
Randy
Rjmars1

If in fact you let the master cylinder go dry then you will have to keep bleeding brakes until you get all the air out from all 4 wheels. Remember the air has to travel from master to each wheel so you really have to bleed the mess out of it.

Mastertechtim
Will I need a special tool to get the air out of the abs system?

Rjmars1
NO special tools needed

Mastertechtim