ELECTRONIC EGNITION

1987 Jeep Wrangler

1987 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

my nephewe brought his jeep over to get it started someone has tried to rewire it. I have power to the coil, but no spark. Where do I locate the electronic ignition? Has new coil, new starter solinoid, turns over, and has fuel, but no spark.
Steveranker

Its inside the fender under the master cylinder its an old ford type ignition module ( about a 5"x5" square aluminum )

Mikeyreyna1
THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Ignition-Control-Module/1987-Jeep-Wrangler-4WD/_/N-iibqeZ9n80t?itemIdentifier=118422_300759_0_

TO DISCONNECT IT, GRASP THE WIRES ON EITHER SIDE OF THE CONNECTORS AND PULL---DIGGING IN IT W/ A SCREWDRIVER, JUST BREAKS OFF THE LOCKING TABS....BESIDES, THE FACTORY MANUALS TELL YOU TO DO IT THE WAY I DESCRIBED

TEST IT 5-8 TIMES AT THE PARTS STORE---DO THE SAME IF YOU GET A NEW ONE, BEFORE YOU LEAVE.....DON'T ASK!!!

I DO CJs AND HAVE ANSWERED MOST OF 'EM FOR THE LAST 2+ YEARS....I MAY CAN HELP YOU TOO....MAYBE!

GIVE SOME BIG-TIME HISTORY, WHAT'S BEEN DONE/ MODIFIED---HAS IT RUN FOR YOU?....ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT AID ME

DECENT PICS HELP TOO!