SLOW START WHEN HOT

1987 Jeep Wagoneer

1987 Jeep Wagoneer V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 84000 miles

Hi. I just purchased a 1987 Grand Wagoneer that runs flawlessley except for a starting problem that I'm trying to troubleshoot. The vehicle has a brand new battery and new cables. All leads have been sanded/cleaned and appear to be functioning as normal. Volts check out across the battery at 12v and around 14v when running. The problem is that when the truck is cold, it fires right up. Bring it up to operating temp and shut it down, the starter then barely turns over. I have to let it " cool" down for roughly 20 minutes and then it fires right up like there's no problem at all. The starting system is pretty basic, ignition switch, battery, solenoid/relay and starter. I'm leaning towards a weak starter at this point. Any ideas?
Scotty1998