MODELS HEATER

2000 Jeep Other

Heater problem
2000 Other Jeep Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 104, 00 miles

On my Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd I am getting an odor of coolant and my windows are fogging up, then the fog turns into a white-ish film that I have to wipe off. I suspect my Heater Core is the culprit. I do notice my coolant runs low, but it takes a while (month or 2) to get low. I have the service manual and am fairly capable. But before I spend $200 on a heater core I was hoping to get another opinion. Does this sound like a heater core problem?
Tymecop

That is exactly the classic sign's of a heater core leaking. What you may try and do is get a pressure tester and hook up on the radiator or coolant tank and pressurise the system and look for small weeps or little bubbles forming. It kinda hard to see the heater core when you do this so maybe drive it till its good and hot with the heater on and look around under the dash for wetness, even in the carpet. I am sure this is what you are facing tho. Hope this helps Curt

Mechcurt