ENGINE SIEZED

2002 Jeep Liberty

2002 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

My engine has siezed. My husband gave me this description. He said is he was driving & it was between 2000 & 3000 rpms & the engine just quit. He rolled to a stop & kept trying to restart the engine. It started a few times but wouldn't keep running. The oil light & check engine lights were on
& what does he keep doing? Restarting the engine. Needless to say, it now no longer starts at all. A friend of a friend who is a mechanic told us that Chrysler has a notice on their website that once the Liberty reaches 140,000 miles plus a valve ring gets sucked into the engine & that there is no fix to this problem. Furthermore, he said I either need to rebuild the engine or get a new one. He recommended that I get a new one since rebuilding it would be about the same price. For some reason, this doesn't seem logical to me. Have any of you heard of this problem? Or experienced this problem?
Chloeoeo