POWER WINDOWS STOPPED WORKING

1995 Jeep Laredo

1995 Jeep Laredo 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 152000 miles

without any intermiting problems all of my power windows stopped working from any of the window controls. Had the rear passager window down while driving, went to put it up from rear passanger door swictch would not go back up. Tried to put it up from the control on the drivers door and non of the windows will go up or down. Checked the power window fuse and it is ok.
Markvan

Check for broken or frayed wires between the driver's door hinges.

Try going to a junk yard and getting a BCM (body conrtol module) for about $35 and replace yours, just make sure that you have the same part number as the one on yours. The BCM I slocated under teh dash on the far driver's side on the bottom, there're 4 screw holding it in after you take off you lower molding. This is a typical cause of Grand Cherokee window issues. If it was a frayed wire, you would have blown a fuse OR only one window would stop working, not all of them.

Beef99