OVERHEATING????

1995 Jeep Laredo

Engine Cooling problem
1995 Jeep Laredo 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

In my 95 Grand Cherokeei have replaced the waterpump, radiatior, thermostat, and clutch fan. It was running at about 250 degrees, but it didn't seem to be that hot when I got out of it. So I put an addative in the radiator that was supposed to make the car run cooler and it worked for a few days but then today I drove about 15 miles and the temp was about 215 no hotter and when I got home fluid came out of the cap like it was overheating. Oh I also replaced the radiator cap with a new one which was 18 lbs. (What was on there). I hope you could shed some light on my scene. Thank you.
Kawi128

Have a compression test performed to see if you have a headgasket problem.

Mmprince4000
I have it was 125lbs in each cylinder but thanx for the help. But if you have any other ideas that would be great.

Kawi128
Have the block and cooling system pressure tested, there is a restriction in the system, a leak, or the waterpump is not moving the coolant, or the coolant mixture is not 50/50.

Mmprince4000
Thank you I changed the exhaust it seemed to help but that was a great idea

Kawi128
Great news!

May I suggest that if you changed the convertor, you want to find out why it was clogged.
They generally fail because of a rich/lean fuel mixture, or some type of direct impact.

Just don't want to see you have the same problem again.

Mmprince4000