J20 WILL NOT START

1979 Jeep J10

1979 Jeep J10 V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 179000 miles

Ok. So here is the deal. I have a 1979 J20 that will not start. Last fall, I could go out and it would start just fine. I sometimes had to spray some starter fluid into it, but after that it would start. However once winter came, I didn't have time to go out and start it each day, and this spring it wouldn't start. I charged the battery, and the motor will turn, but it wont start. Ive changed out the spark plugs, the wires and the distributer cap and rotor, I have tried to adjust the timing, I have tried three different batteries, however none of them new, but still seemingly good batteries (I charge them up, and they hold a charge) but I just cant get it to work.

So that is where I am at with this beast. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Orangefult