FENDER BENDER - NEED ADVICE ON REP

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Noises problem
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 1999 miles

Hi!

So, I was a bit careless and accidentally rear-ended someone. It was pretty slow, in fact there is no exterior damage. Mostly, I just bent the frame alittle. Obviously, Insurance isn't going to do much because it was my fault. So now I need to figure out how to get it at least workable. Mechanic said cost of car was about 2k-3k to fix. I am a student and I do not have that kind of money.

The main problem is that the coolant fan sort of scrapes the side of the fan guard. Outside of that, there are only limited visible problems (going in reverse scrapes the wheel on the fenders for example). However, the mechanic said that there may be some other problems such as a broken radiator, the AC may be broken, among a few others. Obviously I need to run the car some more, but the car has not overheated or got hot since the accident.

So I wanted to know any advice on if I just by myself cut out the part of the fan guard that scrapes against fan, and keep an eye on the coolant, will I be set, at least for the time being? I only need this car until December, so I do not feel like paying 3k for 3 months of use. Any ideas?
Panken202

So I wanted to know any advice on if I just by myself cut out the part of the fan guard that scrapes against fan, and keep an eye on the coolant, will I be set, at least for the time being? I only need this car until December, so I do not feel like paying 3k for 3 months of use. Any ideas? Its do or die here cut it out make sure it clears the fan shroud-you don't want the fan to get stuck and cause the engine to overheat-