ECM

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 189000 miles

Hi,
After stalling out and not being able to start my Jeep, I was towed to the dealership where they replaced an ECM with a refurbished one. After about 1 mile the " Check Engine" light came on and I drove right back to the dealership. They connected the code reader and nothing came up and they were able to clear the " Check Engine" light. Well, the light came up again and I was told that it would clear itself after about 500 miles. It's been about 1000 miles now and it hasn't cleared yet. I went back to the dealership and they put the code reader on again and after using two different code readers they weren't able to get any reading on them at all. Any ideas as to what the problem could be? Thanks for your help.
Jexee