UP TO MY EARS IN REPAIRS IN 3 MONTHS. PLEASE HELP!

Jeep Cherokee

Hey there!

I'm new to this forum. I bought my jeep used three years ago ('96 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 97,000 miles) and she has run beautifully for me until January of this year. Here is what has been done to her so far:

2 Engine Cylindars Replaced
Tune Up
New Fuel Pump
New Water Pump
Ignition Module

Well, here's what's happening so far. Each time I drive her (yes. She's a HER), to work in the morning, she sputters, pops, and stalls at the exact same place on my way to work -- just as soon as the temperatur gauge reaches normal. It's becoming dangerous. I took her back to my mechanic to check and see if he put in a faulty fuel pump. He told me the Ignition Module was faulty (which he had already replaced) so he was going to replace it again. I picked up the car again and had the same problem. Whenever, I'm idling, she sputters roughly and then dies. I smell gas. She starts back up again after about 5 minutes but then it's rough going for the rest of the trip to work. This is only a 20 minute drive!

I found out that my jeep had a recall on it for the catlytic converter. I'm going to take it into the dealership to get that replaced. My mechanic said my o2 sensor and vacuum hose is fine. He even said the catalytic converter is fine, too. Is this guy on drugs or is my jeep just dying on me?

What is happening to my poor jeep that I will OWN in just two months? Is there hope? Please help. I am a single woman who does not want to be taken for a ride (except in my Jeep. But she's sick). I want to walk into the mechanic and KNOW what I'm talking about. Please help! I'll be your best friend.

Melissa
Mvontobel

I think you NEED to have JEEP look at it! Sounds like a fuel delivery problem, Pressure regulator is what I'm thinking. Then get a new mechanic!

Merlin2021