ELECTRICAL SYSTEM PROBLEMS

Jeep Cherokee

Hello! I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 96,000 mi, and just recently had a problem with the electrical system. All at once, the driver side door controls (power windows, window lock, door locks, and mirror adjuster) have completely stopped working. The controls on the other three doors will only lock/unlock the doors, but no power windows there either. The fuse diagrams don't say anything about power windows or door locks. I'm stumped. Is it a relay? Thanks for your help.

niteflyer
Niteflyer

You have a broken wire in the rubber "boot" that is between your door & the hinge pillar. I have had the exact same problem on my 2004 Grand Cheerokee, carefully pull both ends of the boot out of where they're at an carefully inspect the wires. You will find a 12 or 14 gauge wire (forgot the color) that has been bent back and forth with every door opening that it broke. Use a butt connector to reconnect the wire or run a new wire and it will solve your problem.

Roypattan
I REMEMBERED THIS ONE FROM A LONG TIME BACK....SEE IF ANY OF THIS HELPS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/jeep-cherokee-2004-jeep-cherokee-driver-door-electrical-problem

KEEP US POSTED