CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM - HEATING

Jeep Cherokee

1998 Grand Jeep Cherokee - 125,000 miles - 4.0 (I think).

I no longer have heat in my Jeep. The Climate Control system seems to be working correctly. The Fan is working correctly.

Can you tell me why I don't have heat anymore? Is it an easy fix? I'd like to fix this problem myself if possible - I'm female and I love fixing things plus it's alot cheaper if I can fix it.

Luckly it is not extremely cold right now but I do have an infant that rides in the car every morning.

Thank You for any help you can give me.
Mesha - North Carolina
Kendkoll

What does the temperture guage read? If it reads normal being it gets off of cold then I would say it is in the heater core. Try back flushing the heater core.

Remove the hoses going to the heater core and flush water through the lines back and forth until you can the water run through the core. If the guage does not show that the jeep is warming up then I would check the thermastat. Let me know what you find out

M_H_RITZEL
The Thermastat Control is digital for the Climate Control System and I normally put it on high in the mornings (it goes from 85 to high) to get it going then I turn it down to 70 or so.

On High the air is not getting hot it is cool air that is coming out - it never warms up.

Can you send me a link to where I can find out more about Heating Core

Thanks,
Mesha

Kendkoll
In the dash do you have a temperature guage that shows how hot the engine is? If so what does it read when the vehicle has been running a while.

M_H_RITZEL
It reads 210 when hot

We replaced the thermostat this past weekend and the coolant sensor where the thermostat is located (I had gotten an message on my console computer " Coolant Sensor Bad" before the heat went out)

Still no heat and I got the message again " Coolant Sensor Bad" on Tuesday 3-13-07

Kendkoll