AIR CONDITIONING

Jeep Cherokee

I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport with a 6 cylinder engine. It also has about 123,000 miles. We have an overheating problem, and we think that the problem is due to a radiator leakage, since we have recently had the thermostat replaced. My question is, is it possible that we can burn the air conditioner to keep cool, in any way, until we get the radiator replaced? Please let me know what you think about this issue and question. Thank you so very much!
Esj2131987

Running the air will only make it overheat worse. The thing to do is turn the heat on full so the heater core can help cool the coolant. I know it sounds like a joke but it works. Sounds like a water pump going bad of a cracked waterjacket in the motor block. If the car still overheats after 25 mph, try knocking the junk out of the fins in the radiator and air cooling fins at the front of the car with a water hose with high pressure. Also check the cooling fans and make sure they are working.

Vandragon