98 CLASSIC BRAKES

1998 Jeep Cherokee

I have 98 Jeep Cherokee Classic with inline 6 cylinder and 112,000 miles. The brakes seem to stop OK but the amount of pressure that has to be applied to the pedal seems excessive. My daughter drives this car alot and she complains about having to push so hard on the pedal to stop. I checked out the booster and master cylinder and both seem fine. Front brake pads & rotors and rear shoes have been replaced. Any suggestions?
Oglrob

Try bleeding it might be air in it.

[quote=" rasmataz" ]

Try bleeding it might be air in it and recheck the booster as follows: A quick way to check the vacuum booster is to pump the brake pedal several times with the engine off to bleed off any vacuum that may still be in the unit. Then hold your foot on the pedal and start the engine. If the booster is working, the amount of effort required to hold the pedal should drop and the pedal itself may depress slightly. If nothing happens and the vacuum connections to the booster unit are okay, a new booster is needed (the vacuum hose should be replaced, too).

HTH Good Luck!