4.0L FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

1996 Jeep Cherokee

My 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport will not start. I checked the fuel pressure and there wasn't any. I checked for the humm in the gas tank and there wasn't any. I found the relay in the Power Distr. Box and measured the voltage across the coil of the relay and I would see it jump to 12V when the key was turned to the run position but instantly fall to 6.5V, which I believe is not enough to pull in the relay. From the Chilton book I have it looks like the low side of the coil is connected to the ECU so I'm thinking I have a problem with the ECU. Any suggestions.
Goski

Tap on your gas tank and see if the humming starts. I had to do this to trip the pump. Might need a new pump soon.

Jdh1jdh1
You may also want to try to find a disconnected ground wire on the left side of the engine block. Had that problem before. Left side when your facing the engine, just past and a bit below the distributor.

Nunavut