CRANKSHAFT SENSOR REPLACEMENT

1995 Jeep Cherokee

1995 Jeep Cherokee 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 200k miles

i have a 95 jeep GCL. I can get my hands on the crank sensor but I cannot get any tools on it. What do I need to do to get it out of there?
Nuiwek

CAUTION: On some models, two bolts are used to secure sensor to transmission. These bolts are specially machined to correctly space the sensor to flywheel. Do not attempt to install any other bolts.

Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor 4.0L

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_CKP_1.gif

REMOVAL
1.Disconnect negative battery cable.
2.Disconnect sensor electrical connector, located near rear of intake manifold
3.Remove nut holding sensor wiring clip to fuel rail.
4.Remove sensor mounting bolt(s) or nuts.
5.Remove the sensor from vehicle.
6.Remove clip from sensor wiring harness.

INSTALLATION
1.Position crankshaft position sensor flush against the opening in transmission housing.
2.Install sensor mounting bolts or nuts and torque to 19 Nm (14 ft-lbs) .
3.Connect the electrical connector to the sensor.
4.Install clip on sensor wire.
5.Install clip over fuel rail stud and tighten mounting nut.

Thanks but I know the procedure to take it out. I need to know how to get in there. The actual space is no where near as open as the illustration would lead you to believe. Cant get a wrench or a ratchet in there. The only thing I could think of was lowering the engine but im hoping for an easier way

Nuiwek
Honestly, I've never done this before for this model car.I suggest you search the web.

Question. Are you having a problem with it cranking? The best thing I can find with my problem is the crankshaft sensor. I couldn't see how to get to the bolts either. Have you had any luck?

Pardner
Hey I used long extension on a ratchet also had a swivel on the socket think it was 10mm or 11mm 6 point hope this helps. Tim.

Tgfishel