WIPERS, RADIO, TURN SIGNALS, AND BLOWER

1994 Jeep Cherokee

1994 Jeep Cherokee 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

I had this problem before sometimes when you started the jeep everything would work and other times they wouldn't (wipers, radio, turn signals and blower motor for heat). Pressing the ignition lock sometimes fixed it. I changed the ignition lock and the problem went away. Two years later the problem is back, same symtoms and after awhile pushing on the lock did't help. I changed the ignition lock again but it didn't fix the problem this time. I have a generic Jeep repair manual it talks about adjusting the ignition switch rod that runs down the steering column but I only see a rod for dimmers. Do you think what my book calls the combination switch could be bad? Or am I just not finding this rod down the steering column?
Warren b